Due to our critical mission, we require several important items from all applicants that you must meet to qualify for employment with Coast Guard. Please review requirements before applying.
- You must be a U.S. citizen.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You may be exposed to hazardous or hostile environments.
Because we’re a member of the Intelligence Community, our hiring process can take a little longer than other agencies. Depending on your circumstances, like how many times you’ve moved or changed jobs, as well as overseas travel, the hiring process may take as little as two months or more than a year.
- Apply online.
- We screen your application and interview applicants.
- After interviewing, we will extend a conditional job offer of employment. If accepted, you will fill out Standard Form 86.
- You will undergo the security investigation and clearance process.
- We will determine your security clearance adjudication. We may grant you an interim clearance while a full investigation is underway.
- You will take a drug test.
- You will receive your final job offer.