Important COVID-19 Update for NSA Candidates
January 6, 2021
Thank you for exploring job opportunities with NSA.
In our ongoing efforts to keep our Nation healthy, NSA continues to closely follow guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) regarding social distancing and from the Department of Defense (DoD) regarding travel restrictions.
We have resumed some in-person Applicant processing. Please know that we are taking every precaution to ensure your safety during your visit with us to include providing specific COVID-related instructions, requiring all to wear face masks, taking temperatures upon arrival and reconfiguring all areas where Candidates report to ensure that we are compliant with CDC's recommendations for social distancing practices.
Additionally, we will continue to work in the virtual recruitment environment, so if you recently applied to a job ad, we will continue to assess on a limited basis and provide you feedback via your dashboard as we are able.
We appreciate your patience and understanding while we team to keep our Nation healthy and ensure we can continue to excel at our critical missions.
What We're Doing to Protect the Health of Candidates
As candidates from across the country are now able to come to NSA for processing, it's important for you to know what we are doing to protect your health. Please note the following procedures as you arrive at NSA:
- Masks or cloth face coverings are required in common areas. You will be asked to wear a face covering at all times while in the building, even when physically distancing.
- Your temperature will be taken upon entry into our Visitor Center.
- Measures are being taken to achieve physical distancing of at least six feet between individuals when possible. Some of the measures you may see include physical barriers in our spaces and floor markers.
- Appointments are being managed to reduce the number of people in our waiting spaces.
- Our workspaces, common areas and waiting spaces are cleaned multiple times a day, including "high-traffic" areas like door handles or automated door buttons.
- Hand sanitizer will be located throughout the building for your use.
- You may be asked questions regarding your recent travel or if you are currently experiencing any symptoms during your appointment.
If it is deemed unsafe for you to complete your processing appointment during your visit for any reason, you will be rescheduled.
For Our Long-Distance Candidates
- Effective 18 December, the Governor of Maryland has issued an executive order mandating that anyone traveling to Maryland must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test that was taken within 72 hours of traveling to Maryland. A rapid COVID-19 test is acceptable. Note: If you are traveling from the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Virginia, the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and the States of Delaware and West Virginia to Maryland, you are exempt from this requirement.
- If you are traveling from locations that are not exempt from this mandate, you must bring proof of that test (printed version) with you to be able to keep your NSA appointment. We will NOT collect that documentation, but will ask that you provide that for our verification prior to being permitted to enter the facility. Again, the test must have been taken within the last 72 hours from the date of your arrival into Maryland.
- If you are unable or unwilling to be tested within 72 hours prior to arriving in Maryland, you must cancel your appointment and we will work with you to reschedule your processing appointment at a later date.
For your peace of mind, please review the following transportation resources to aid in your decision to travel.
Depending on your departure city, our travel office will disclose which airline you are traveling when making your arrangements.
Thank you for your attention to these procedures. We look forward to meeting you and learning more about your career goals and ambitions!