Important COVID-19 Update for NSA Candidates
June 30, 2020
Thank you for exploring job opportunities with NSA.
In our ongoing efforts to keep our Nation healthy, NSA continues to closely follow guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) regarding social distancing and from the Department of Defense (DoD) regarding travel restrictions.
We have resumed some in-person Applicant processing on a limited basis. Please know that we are taking every precaution to ensure your safety during your visit with us to include providing specific COVID-related instructions, requiring all to wear face masks, taking temperatures upon arrival and reconfiguring all areas where Applicants report to ensure that we are compliant with CDC's recommendations for social distancing practices.
Additionally, we will continue to work in the virtual recruitment environment, so if you recently applied to a job ad, we will continue to assess on a limited basis and provide you feedback via your dashboard as we are able.
We appreciate your patience and understanding while we team to keep our Nation healthy and ensure we can continue to excel at our critical missions.
What We're Doing to Protect the Health of Candidates
As candidates from across the country are now able to come to NSA for processing, it's important for you to know what we are doing to protect your health. Please note the following procedures as you arrive at NSA:
- Masks or cloth face coverings are required in common areas. You will be asked to wear a face covering at all times while in the building, even when physically distancing.
- Your temperature will be taken upon entry into our Visitor Center. All employees take their temperatures daily before reporting to work.
- Measures are being taken to achieve physical distancing of at least six feet between individuals when possible. Some of the measures you may see include physical barriers in our spaces and floor markers.
- Appointments are being managed to reduce the number of people in our waiting spaces.
- Our workspaces, common areas and waiting spaces are cleaned multiple times a day, including "high-traffic" areas like door handles or automated door buttons.
- Hand sanitizer will be located throughout the building for your use.
- You may be asked questions regarding your recent travel or if you are currently experiencing any symptoms during your appointment.
If it is deemed unsafe for you to complete your processing appointment during your visit for any reason, you will be rescheduled.
For Our Long-Distance Candidates
For your peace of mind, please review the following transportation resources to aid in your decision to travel.
Depending on your departure city, our travel office will disclose which airline you are traveling when making your arrangements.
Thank you for your attention to these procedures. We look forward to meeting you and learning more about your career goals and ambitions!