DIA maintains a productive work environment based on inclusion, equality, team building and the strategic use of employee experience, perspective and talent.
DIA implements diversity as a powerful tool to deal with current world challenges through understanding of other societies, cultures and languages.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
DIA provides equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability (physical/mental), genetic information, and/or sexual orientation.
Reasonable Accommodations in the Workplace
DIA offers Reasonable Accommodations to qualified employees with a disability. DIA personnel attend diversity training that addresses policies, procedures, and practices for Reasonable Accommodations.
Equal Opportunity & Diversity Training
DIA employees are required to complete equal opportunity & diversity training during the first year of employment. Supervisors have an annual requirement and non-supervisors have a two-year requirement to complete Equal Opportunity & Diversity training.
DIA is committed to providing employees an environment free from unlawful workplace harassment and retaliation.
Military Equal Opportunity
Military members have an equal opportunity to attain the highest level that their abilities will allow, without regard to race, color, sex, religion or national origin. They are also protected against reprisal for filing discrimination complaints or otherwise participating in the complaint process.
SEPs focus special attention on groups that have been historically and conspicuously absent or underrepresented in a DIA occupational category or grade level. SEPs are designed to:
- Improve employment and advancement opportunities
- Identify systemic causes of discrimination
- Seek ways to aid in the advancement of minorities, women and people with disabilities
- Monitor systemic progress in eliminating discrimination
- Educate employees and managers about workplace discrimination and how they can create an inclusive environment
DIA's Special Emphasis Programs
- Asian American and Pacific Islander Program
- African American Program
- Federal Women's Program
- Hispanic Employment Program
- Native American/Alaska Native Program
- People with Disabilities Program
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Program